Saturday, November 2, 2013

GOING OVER OUR MEDICATION LIST-ONE LAST TIME!!!!

GOING OVER OUR LIST OF MEDS-OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


We are going over our final lists today before heading to Haiti. .. making sure we have everything we need to run clinic for 13 days…..unfortunately forgetting something could mean a life or death situation, so we take this very seriously!!!  

 I am so thankful for  Zimmerman!  She is so organized with the med list and has such a beautiful spirit.  I am so thankful to have her by my side!

I thank all of you for the love and support.  We did not had the time or energy to fundraise this trip so every penny donated has helped to buy all of these medications and less of a financial burden on us!

 Sometimes at night when I am trying to fall asleep (menopause, haha) I often think about all the missions we have taken to Haiti…  I think about THE NIGHT, waking up at around 2am Jan 11th, (after the devastating earthquake) to be told "you are going to Haiti". .. than waking up Tim out of a deep sleep and telling him "I am going to Haiti" and him saying "okay Tricia, whatever you want to do"..… and that morning, storming into my job at Nurse on Line blurting out that I was going to Hait, (most of the nurses looked at me like I was crazy) and Julie Louise just happened to be there and totally  was on board!!! I am amazed as to how much that first trip in 2010 has changed my life.  It is unbelievable that I was not planning on doing medical missions until my kids were grown and/or I had nothing else to do! I am thankful my life took the direction it did!  

For this mission, I pray our team can be a light to the impoverished country of Haiti.  I pray that we can make a difference and save lives!   Most importantly, I pray we can show these incredible people that they are loved, and not forgotten!   I love hearing their stories and praying for them!!  I often think about the fact that any of us could have been born in Haiti, one of the poorest and most corrupt governments in the world, why them and not me and only 90 minutes from Miami…..ahhhh

As we do our final preparations, I ask that each of you please pray for Haiti and for our time there!
Thank you for your continued support of PeaceloveHaiti.  Every nickel, dime, dollar that has been donated is used for these wonderful people!  

Peace, love and blessings to you all!
Tricia
XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment