Saturday, August 6, 2011

Getting ready for mission #4-NEW ADDITION TO OUR TEAM!!!!!

We are getting ready for mission # 4!  I am helping with the preparations but I am not able to go this October.  I do have mixed emotions but I have too much going on in my life right now.  Even though it is one of the most difficult decisions, I know it is the right one.  I will however, be ready for our spring trip! We will go sometime after the Hermantown Hockey Season is over!


 A couple of weeks ago Julie had said to some friends of ours "it is very hard being in Haiti for 2 weeks, but it is more difficult being home"  I agree with her 100%, especially with the recent Cholera outbreak!


We have a new addition to our peaceloveHaiti team.  I am so excited that Holly Bronson has become apart of our medical team.  She has a vast amount of experience with newborns......thank God!  We also have a OB/GYN Dr from Essentia Health that is joining Julie and Holly!  What a blessing that is.  He is a surgeon.  Just think how many people they will be able to help! It is going to be a rockin' mission.

So right now we are planning, tye dying, fundraising, starting to make lists as to the supplies that are needed.  Even though I do not like having rummage sales, I will be having another rummage sale (date yet undecided). I have tons of almost new Abercombie, Aerie, Hollister, Buckle, American Eagle........mostly girls, some boys...wow my basement is full of wonderful stuff.  Of course, 100% goes towards buying medications and medical supplies.

I sure wish you all could experience the difference you are making in Haiti.  I know it would bring tears to your eyes.   I wish I could capture with my camera or video the devastating lives of the Haitian people. I also wish I could capture the strength, thankfulness, faith and love of these people.  It is unbelievable!

I know Julie, Holly and Dr W....will bring healing hands to Haiti. They will touch hundreds of lives in 2 weeks.  They will extend the love that you have given to us, to the people in Haiti!  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers, encouragement and donations.  

peace and blessings,
Tricia XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment