Sunday, March 14, 2010

COUNTDOWN! 27 more days!!

I (Tricia) can't believe we have only 4 more weeks tell we leave.  I never thought it would have taken us so long to get to Haiti.  I will never forget the night after the earthquake. I popped up out of a deep sleep and said to my husband "I have to go to Haiti." Thinking he would be totally against it, he surprised me and said "what a great opportunity for you to help others." Ever since that night, I have been completely driven to go, never questioned whether I was making the right decision or not.  I have been on the computer for hours, getting contacts, researching Haiti.

 I have always known that I would someday be doing missionary work, but I was going to wait until after my 3 kids were grown and off on their own. Friends and family ask if I am fearful of going...... I tell them not one little bit, this is something  I am suppose to do!. I know it will be life changing, I know it will be the rainy season, and I know I have to be careful!!  I am so pumped to be a part of something like this. To me there is nothing better in this world than helping others! 


Plan for today, find a lightweight 1-2 man tent. Research backpacks. Try to come up with more contacts on how to get all the medications and supplies needed.

Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. no i did not. I need a really lightweight one 5 lbs or less....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cause I really think what you're doing is just so nice! The both of you are in my prayers! I really hope when I grow up (older than I am) I can do something this amazing!!

    ReplyDelete